Fabulous Face Mask- Purifying
Make your own Eve Lom Face Mask
If you are having a breakout, Eve Lom’s rescue mask is absolute magic. Available in the UK and in the USA.
Sadly this mask is not available in South Africa yet, so I’ve put together a homemade recipe for you.
The bonus of a homemade mask is that there are no preservatives which can cause skin allergies and dermatitis.
PS. Not for very sensitive skins & Please leave the honey out of this recipe if you are allergic to bees!
Purifying & Healing clay mask
- Whizz ½ cup whole organic Oats in a blender until finely ground.
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon of the refined oats to a glass mixing bowl and save the rest for your next mask.
- Add a teaspoon of organic raw Honey
- Add 2 heaped tablespoons of White Kaolin clay
- Blend 3 drops almond oil, 1 drop camphor oil and 1 drop tea tree oil and add.
- Lastly add a little water and mix until the consistency is custard-like.
Paint mask onto your clean face with a brush or use your fingers. Avoid the eye area. Leave on for 8 minutes, then wet the mask and gently exfoliate using circular motions. Rinse off completely and pat dry. Moisturize and use eye cream. I also use this as a spot treatment.
If you find Kaolin clay difficult to find, you can replace it with Green clay (better for oily skins) or Bentonite clay.