I Love a good Lip Balm!
They have so many different uses.
Here is the low down on my top 10 favourite lip balms to get the softest lips ever and some other great uses.
- Carmex Cherry Lip Balm: SPF 15 So yummy, your whole handbag smells like cherry lollipop!
- The best lip moisturiser ever! Colour and flavourless. This magic product saved my lips when I was on Roaccutane for my skin. Don’t get put off by the fact that it’s known as nipple cream…this is a makeup artists’ miracle in a tube. When a model arrives with cracked lips, I slather it on and literally five minutes later, their lips are baby soft. You can use this as a gloss, it stays for hours. Use at night before bed for an overnight treatment. Go for the very small tube because a little goes a very long way!
- The Jimmy Choo of lip balms! Minty, light & luxurious. Selfridges stocks a limited edition World Oceans Day pot, embellished with Swarovski elements for an extra bit of glam.
- Bobbi Brown Lip Balm: SPF 15 Non-greasy and light, formulated with Olive oil and Vitamin E. Also comes in a tube. Perfect to prep lips before applying your lipstick.
- Kiehls Lip Balm: SPF 4 I’ve been using this for years, love the unusual smell, it’s light and also comes in other flavours and tints!
- Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream: A cult Classic designed by Elizabeth Arden herself, with a dozen different uses. Use it to shape eyebrows with a toothbrush, smooth your cuticles, hydrate and protect your skin.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve, used in America since 1895. Another multipurpose balm used for soothing dry lips, calming skin irritation and soothing minor burns. Also great for frizz. Rub a dab between the palms of your hands and smooth down those flyways. Comes in strawberry, rose & minted rose.
- M.A.C tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink. I love this balm/gloss, it’s my favourite tinted balm. Smells delicious, lasts forever and the sheer colours suite everyone.
- EOS lip balm: 95% percent organic, 100% natural, Paraben & petrolatum free. Cute packaging and gorgeous flavours, strawberry, summer fruit and Lemon drop. The kids will love it!
- Good old favourite, Vaseline. This limited edition Pink Bubbly flavour is available exclusively at Selfridges.
Some Vaseline tips…
- Mix a little vaseline with sea salt to exfoliate your lips.
- Use to help remove rings stuck on fingers.
- Apply very little at night with a clean mascara brush to condition lashes and brows
- Tap onto the top of your cheekbones for a highlight and to moisturise wrinkles.
- Rub vaseline onto the neck of bottles, especially your nail polish bottles, so the caps don’t get stuck.