A Sexy, Summer Look for the 35+ Woman & how to get it with Benjamin Bechar!
Let me introduce you to fabulous makeup artist and hairstylist, Benjamin Becher! Benjamin gave me a serious overhaul for German magazine, ‘My Way’. The brief was a sexy Summer look for the 35+ woman!
I got Benji to give us the scoop on some favourite products in his kit!
(PS. Benjamin is based in Europe, so unfortunately not all the products he loves are available to us South Africans.)
After prepping my face with moisturiser…
1. Skin Ceuticals A.G.E Eye Complex, was gently patted into my laugh lines.
2. Vichy’s Dermablend Corrective Foundation, applied with fingertips, disguised any sun spots or pigmentation.
3. Tom Ford Illuminating Highlight Pen under the eyes and along the cheekbones!
4. M.A.C’s longwear cream eyeshadow, Paint Pot in ‘Let me Pop,’ was applied over the whole lid with fingertips.
5. Just love this palette!!! Tom Ford’s Cognac Sable Eyeshadow Quad. Lighter colour to highlight brow bone, rest of the shadows combined to lightly define the eye.
6. Benjamin likes to combine two mascaras to create perfect lashes. His favourite are Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara and
7. Sublime de Chanel Infinite Length & Curl Mascara in Noir.
8. Tom Ford Lip Color in Sheer Sweet Spot
9. Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Coral Beach ‘tis the colour of the Summer!’
I was incredibly pale so poor Benjamin had to make me 5 shades darker with a layer of M.A.C Face and Body…
10. Benjamin used his prized ‘Bronze Goddess Shimmering Body Oil Spray’ to give my skin a gorgeous glow. This seasonal product is like hens teeth to find! It also has an incredibly sexy scent, literally ‘Summer holiday in a bottle’, so mmmmmmmm! Ohhhhh I want it!
To get serious bed head!
My hair was spritzed with Schwartzkopf Blow & Go Thick Volume, then blow-dried with a large barrel, boar bristle brush. To get extra volume blow dry small sections at a time and pull the brush upwards at a 90° angle. A combination of
11. Swartzkopf Session Label Salt Spray (spritz in and use a diffuser to lock in messy curls)
12. Sebastian Re-Shaper Hair Spray for humidity resistance and hold.
13. Kevin Murphy Texture Master (if you can’t find the Sebastian Hair Spray)
14. Tame any flyaways with a bit of Kevin Murphy Un.Dressed Fibre Paste between your fingers.
Thank you, Benjamin, for letting us peek into your pro kit!
If you’d like to check out more of Benjamin’s beautiful work click here
Benjamin also writes a makeup blog (it’s in German) you can check it out here