How to: The Soft Smokey Eye
My favourite products to create the chocolate ‘Smokey eye’.
- Kanebo Sensai 38 °
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Tuxedo
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Bark
- Bobbi Brown Eye Brow Brush
- MAC 219 Pencil Brush
- MAC 217 Blending Brush
- MAC Deeply dashing Pressed pigment
Get the look… 1 & 2.
- Mariana’s brows are dark so I used and eyebrow brush with the Bobbi Brown Bark Shadow stick to define her brows. If your brows are lighter you’ll need a different shade.
- Use the shadow stick like a crayon and draw along your top lashline with Bark Shadow stick. You can blend the shadow stick with your finger or a Blending Brush.
- Repeat along the bottom lash line, blending with a cotton bud or Pencil Blending Brush.
- NOTE: You must work quickly with any longwearing shadow stick because they dry and then you can no longer blend them. The bonus with using longwear products is that they stay all day and survive sweat and tears.
- Pat the MAC pigment, using Brush 217, over the outer lid and blend well. Be very careful when you apply pigment, it can be very messy. I always hold a tissue under the eye when I’m working with intense colours, to catch any stray flecks of shadow.
- Use Bobbi Brown Tuxedo, to darken along the lash line. For more precision and to get in-between those lashes, apply the pencil directly to your eyebrow brush and blend into lash line.
- Curl lashes and layer that mascara. You know I love Kanebo Sensai 38 ° because it does’nt end up giving you ‘panda eye’ by the end of the day.
Thank you Mariana for being my modelxx!
Makeup & Photography by B