The Elegant Evening Look that suits any age!
My Lovely Mommy is visiting us at the moment and I managed to convince her to let me give her a make over. This is a bit of a chocolate smokey look and a lot more dramatic than my Mom is used to but I think she looks stunning. So if you dare to go there ladies….this is how!
- I applied Stila Stay all day foundation with a foundation brush on moisturised skin. Blot off any extra oil with blotting papers. I’m using ones from Bobbi Brown at the moment.
- Sweep away any darkness under the eyes with La Prairie Cellular Concealing eye treatment. I like this concealer because it’s a concealer and treatment all-in-one.
- Powder lightly with M.A.C prep and prime transparent finishing powder to set foundation. This super fine, colourless, compact powder can be used on any skin type to matt it down.
- I used Shu Uemura bronzing powder to bring some colour back into the skin on the forehead and cheeks. Bobbi Brown also makes a lovely bronzing powder that you can use for this.
- Apply a light peachy blush to the cheek apples.
- Moisturise lips. My favourite trick from my days of being on Roaccutane for my dodgy skin, is to use nipple cream (lanolin). You can find this in the baby isle of any pharmacy. Some have an allergic reaction to Lanolin but in the past 20 years of passing on my lanolin tip, no one I know has ever reacted.
- Start the look by lining the inner tear line with a cream eye liner to remove any redness. You can find one of these in almost any cosmetic range.
- Using a soft eyeshadow brush, apply base shadow over the whole lid, avoiding brow bone. I used Omega from M.A.C.
- Use a long-lasting liner in a dark chocolate colour, (I like Chanel Long-Lasting eyeliner in Espresso), along the top lash-line.
- Blend a light coppery brown eyeshadow along the bottom lash-line (My fav is Cork from M.A.C)
- Just for fun, I applied individual lashes. These give a really natural looking thickness to the lashes but can be a bit tricky to apply yourself.
- Use an eyebrow brush for more precise application and soften the lash-line of the top lid with a dark chocolate eyeshadow.
- Complete the look with generous lashings of Mascara, top and bottom.
- Blott off your lip balm with a tissue and apply a peachy gloss. M.A.C has a great Longwear gloss called Persistent Peach
Photography & Makeup by B