The English Rose Look with a rouge cheek: tips on how to make your blush stay all day!
A 5-Minute Face by B
Hair, makeup and photography by B
Summer is blush time! Actually I’m a blush girl, so any time is blush time! I love the look of flushed cheeks and a healthy glow!
1. Start with your usual foundation or BB cream. I love the Garnier BB Cream in clair/light. Define brows with shadow and a brow brush and apply mascara.
2. Start with cream blush on unpowdered skin. Dab a smudge of your cream blush onto the back of your hand. I used (8.) MAC Posey.
How to make your blush stay all day… (My friend Renee taught me this trick- thank you, Lovely!)
3. Smile so that you can see the apples of your cheeks rise up. That is where you apply your colour. You can use your fingers and pat cream blush onto cheek apples or you can use a brush.
I love the angled contour brush from MAC (6. MAC brush 168). Stippel colour onto your hand first so that you start with a light layer of blush. You can always build it up. It’s hard to try and remove blush and avoid it streaking. If you don’t own cream blush you can also use lipstick.
4. Once again, you want to build colour up slowly, not walk around looking like a clown. I used (9.) NARS blush in desire. Very lightly pat blush onto apples of cheeks with a soft brush (I’m using MAC brush 129).
You are essentially setting the cream blush like you would with face powder and foundation. Your blush should last all day.
Make sure you do your makeup in great light and double check in natural light before you leave the house…this look can easily go very wrong, LOL!
5. Lastly, using my fingers, I patted MAC Forever Rose Pro Longwear Lipglass into my lips for a Matt stained finish.
Happy playing ladies!