B’s top 11 Neutral Eye Pencils!
Eye pencils…so many options, how do I choose? Lets make it simple!
These are my top 11, they are in my makeup kit, I use them myself, I love them!
1. MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner in Black Ice
- A soft black pencil liner. Use for all day wear, without smudging.
- Needs to be sharpened.
- Remove with waterproof makeup remover ( I love REN Rosa Centifolia Express Make-up Remover from Woolworths)
- TIP: I like to line underneath the top lashes (inside the tear-line) to make lashes look thicker.
2. CHANEL Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Espresso
- A soft, deep, coffee-coloured pencil. Also Longwear, doesn’t budge.
- Twist-up pencil. It lasts longer because you don’t lose product by sharpening every 5 minutes.
- Remove with waterproof makeup remover.
- TIP: Brown/grey eye pencils can be more flattering on paler skins and lighter hair colours.
3. MAC Crayon Khol in Smoulder
- This is a very soft black kohl pencil, ideal for smudging to create a smokey eye.
- You can use a gentle makeup remover like Bioderma Crealine H2O (Available from Clicks/ Dischem)
- TIP: Draw along your lash-line and use a soft blending brush or your clean finger to smudge and smoke outward.
4. TOPSHOP Eye Crayon in Copper
- Very soft copper crayon. Dries and stays put!
- Sharpen with a fat pencil sharpener.
- Go for the Waterproof makeup remover.
- TIP: Use on the inner corner of your eye and smudge to brighten your eyes.
5. BOBBI BROWN Long-Wear Shadow stick in Bark
- Technically not a eye pencil, but a twist-up, shadow stick.
- Waterproof makeup remover.
- TIP: I love this MULTITASKING PRODUCT! It gives me a really soft and subtle line. I run my eyebrow brush along the tip of the stick and blend into the lash line for a slimmer line.
6. STILA Smudge stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Tetra
- A twist-up, budge-proof liner ,in a shimmery purple colour.
- Waterproof makeup remover.
- TIP: Purple liner is beautiful on green or blue eyes. It really makes them ‘pop’!
7. CHANEL le Crayon Kohl Intense in Clair
- A beautifully soft, flesh-coloured liner.
- It’s a pencil, so you have to sharpen it.
- Normal makeup remover.
- TIP: To brighten and freshen up tired eyes, line your tear-line with this pencil.
8. SMASHBOX Limitless Eyeliner in Indigo Ink
- A soft, Navy coloured liner.
- Comes with its own sharpener attached. Bonus!
- Bring out the Waterproof remover!
- A great alternative to black Eyeliner. Makes Blue and Green eyes more intense.
9. RUBYBOX Cat Kohl Liner in Grey
- A soft dark grey pencil liner.
- No waterproof remover necessary.
- TIP: To make large eyes seem smaller, line inner tear-line with a subtle grey instead of black.
10. STILA Stay all day waterproof liquid liner
- This a felt tip pen and in my opinion the rockstar of liquid liners.
- Stays absolutely put, but easy to remove.
- TIP: Start drawing your line from the corners of your eye and work inward.
11. MAC Teddy Crayon Kohl
- This is a lovely soft bronze brown with a soft shimmer.
- It’s a pencil and easy to remove and smudge.
- TIP: Use for a chocolate smokey eye. This is also fabulous lip liner for dark skins.