Makeup Tips from my beauty shoot with Fair Lady!
I recently did a beauty shoot for Fair Lady & I got to work with my friend and fellow makeup artist, Melissa van Zyl. So fun! As a makeup artist, it is sometimes difficult for me not to comment about my makeup when I’m the model. Not this time! Melissa is a model herself and her makeup made me feel beautiful! Thank you, Melissa! I asked her to give us the lowdown on some of her favourite products.
- To freshen up my skin before makeup application and remove any excess oil, Melissa used Essence cleansing wipes. They smell divine! I am a convert and they are the only wipes in my kit now! PS. They remove waterproof and long-wear makeup! (Available at Clicks/ Dischem)
- Melissa’s favourite foundation is Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation SPF 19. It is light and leaves the skin looking luminous.
- On my eyes Melissa used:
- MAC Eyeliner in Coffee
- Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner, which is very affordable and a fantastic liner (also comes in a waterproof version).
- Chanel Mascara Le Volume. Don’t forget to curl those lashes before you layer your mascara!
- If you are looking for a moisturising, sheer, peach lippy… go no further! Bobby Brown’s Nectar, is beautiful for every day wear!
The Fair Lady beauty editors have put together a couple of great articles about anti-ageing treatments and products in their July issue. Fairlady also has a Daily Fix page online, where you can read articles on beauty, fitness, travel and fashion. Go check it out! Have a fabulous week! xxB