The Best Makeup Products for the Flawless Bride
If you are doing your own makeup for your wedding day…this one is for you! Treat yourself and invest in good quality makeup products for your special day. Every makeup artist knows that the quality of your makeup products make a huge difference in the quality of your end result.
I have compiled a list of all my favorites, together with some tips so that you are already half way there.
For Flawless Skin
1. Guerlain Meteorites Light-Diffusing Primer: Smells beautiful, leaves skin dewy and radiant.
2. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer: perfect primer for stay-all-day foundation.
3. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: hides pores and fills lines, use sparingly.
4. Stila Stay-All Day Foundation: great coverage, comes with brush and clever concealer and mirror in lid.
5. Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: the perfect foundation.
6. Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation: my personal fav, sheer to medium coverage, dewy finish.
7. Kanebo Sensai Concealer pen: great coverage without being heavy.
8. Nars radiant creamy concealer: the ultimate creamy concealer
9. MAC Select Cover up: perfect coverage, when it dries it does not budge. Use sparingly on more mature skins because it does dry.
10. Chanel Soleil tan, bronzing makeup base: buff into skin after foundation application for a subtle natural bronzed finish (before powder).
11. Kanebo Sensai Bronzing gel: sheer, cooling and very natural looking gel. Use after foundation and before powdering.
12. Guerlain Terracotta Four Seasons Bronzer: Use after powder to warm up the skin. Great because you can tailor it to time of year and it will last for ages.
- Always blot skin with blotting paper or tissue before you start your foundation application.
- On how to get streak free and flawless foundation application, click here
- Try to use a sheer, translucent powder to set your foundation. This will prevent the ‘cakey’ look. I like MAC blot Powder or MAC prep and prime translucent powder.
For Gorgeous Eyes
My choice of top 4 palettes to complement almost any eye!
1. Top Shop Golden Aura Eye Palette
2. Chanel 38 Premier Regard Les 4 Ombres Palette
3. Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleurs 10 Rue des Francs Bourgeois Palette
4. Dior ‘Couture’ Eye Palette (Limited Edition)
5. MAC Pro Longwear Pencil in Rich Experience or Black Ice: does not budge!
6. Chanel Waterproof Long lasting Eyeliner pencil: Also…does not budge!
7. Chanel le Crayon Kohl in Clair: apply along inner eye tear line to disguise any redness. Helps eyes appear larger and brighter.
8. Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel: for non-clumpy defined lashes. It stays on like the business, so you need waterproof eye makeup remover or you can try Olive oil on a cotton pad.
9. My all time fave Kanebo Sensai 38 degrees: this silicone based mascara gives lovely thick lashes that don’t smear and comes off with warm water.
10. Dior Show Waterproof Mascara: For full, dramatic lashes you can layer this mascara for a glam finish.
- Use your lash line as a guide for your eye liner. For more on liquid eye liner application, click on here
- Remember to curl lashes before you apply your mascara.
- Comb through lashes after mascara application with a clean wand to remove clumps and separate lashes.
Lips and Cheeks
1. Nars Matte Multiple Lip and Cheek Color in Anguilla: for a fresh flushed cheek. Blend into your cheeks after foundation with your fingertips. You can also use on the lips for a pretty matte pink finish.
2. Nars Blush in Dolce Vita: a gorgeous peach colour that suits almost any complexion
3. Bobbi Brown Nectar & Nude Pot rouge for lips and Cheeks in Hibiscus: another multitasking product for a gorgeous blush.
4. Stila Convertible Color in Poppy: my favourite cream blush for a rosy cheek.
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore: a pepperminty lip balm with a berry stain for that just smooched look.
6. Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Color 19 Gabrielle: a hydrating lipstick in the perfect red.
7. YSL lipstick in Corail Jalouse: a gorgeous coral peach.
8. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 42 Biarritz: the perfect nude lipstick.
9.Lancome Juicey Tubes Smoothie in Spring Fling: light peachy pink gloss that is just yum.
10. Kiehls Lip Gloss in Golden Berry: a berry flavoured gloss with a touch of red
11.Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in Murmure or Armour if you like some shimmer in your gloss.
12. Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Rose: A lovely soft peachy pink gloss with shimmer.
- Drench your lips in a good balm the night before and give your lips a gentle rub with a toothbrush or a moist cotton pad to get rid of any dryness on the day of.
- Remember you are going to be smooching your man after “I do” and don’t want him turning to the guests with a happy smile and glossy lips. I suggest going matt for the ceremony and ask your mum or bridesmaid to have your gloss ready for a quick retouch before the pics and reception
- If you are going for a bright lipstick like a red. Blot lips by pressing together onto a tissue after application. Reapply and blot until you have the desired amount of colour.
If you used the tips from this post, I would love you to send me your favourite wedding pic of your DIY makeup! Send it to my facebook page here and let me know which products you used.
Happy weekend Beauties!
IMAGE SOURCE: Nordstrom Wedding-Shop